© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Sequoia Home Health
WE ARE THE DIFFERENCE
IN COMPANION CARE
With dozens of companion care companies and hundreds of private caregivers in the central valley, it's important to know what makes Sequoia Home Care unique. Everyone in our company adheres to our mission: We are committed to the personal and health care needs of the community by offering quality care to individuals who are elderly, chronically ill, or living with disabilities. Our belief is that our patients deserve compassionate, honest, and reliable care from only the top health care professionals who go the extra mile to meet their needs.
Kris Amorino, RN-Owner/Administrator- Kris has a sterling reputation within the valley; she has both clinicians and administrative staff who have followed her for years because of her style and work ethic. Her home health experience in case management and administration spans 30 years and her eldercare & geriatric ICU experience make her an invaluable resource for staffing cases appropriately and for Sequoia’s clinicians.
Maty Tucker, Regional Manager- Maty has been the home care manager since the inception of Sequoia in 2010. Her prior experience was serving as a preschool administrator. Maty tailors each home care case to the specific needs/wants of her clients, and ensures her staff goes above and beyond basic caregiver duties.
Home health care is a wide range of medical health care services, covered by insurance, that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible. Doctor’s orders are needed to start home health care.
Examples of skilled home health services include:
Sequoia Home Health has achieved the gold seal of home health accreditation from the Joint Commission, an internationally recognized symbol of quality. We have had that distinction since our first Joint Commission survey on February 29, 2012.
Sequoia Companion Care is a proud member of CAHSAH (California Association for Health Services at Home). We adhere to requirements that hold our home care company to a higher standard than the minimum state requirements including:
• Demonstrating that caregivers have received additional training and that client safety assessment factors are in place.
• Providing in-person supervision of all caregivers and quality assurance assessments for home care clients at least annually (Sequoia assesses quarterly and keeps in close contact with clients and their families regularly).
• In-person interviews of new caregiver applicants prior to hiring them. In addition, we hire only well-qualified caregivers, which shows with our low turnover rate.
• Home care fees provided in writing, along with a copy of our workers’ compensation policy, and a written grievance policy that specifies the way a client may file a grievance/complaint.
• A template for client’s plan of care.
Through our sister company, Sequoia Home Health, we have clinicians on staff including registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists who regularly provide appropriate inservices to our home care caregiving staff. Additionally, we can better tailor services to our clients via specialized non-medical training from our home health clinicians to our caregivers.
As the area’s leading home care provider, we offer the very best, compassionate care for the elderly. It is our goal to improve the physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of our clients, and that is exactly what we do— every day.
Our priority is to make the referral process easy for you. We offer:
• Speed of service
• Availability of your Business
• Development Manager via cell phone at all times
• Tailored follow up and open communication between our staff and yours to ensure consistent, quality client care
Visits to skilled/hospitalized patients to ensure a smooth transition and continuum of care
Our services and specialties include:
Call us today or utilize our companion care referral form
Referral Express fax line: 1.844.272.2818
Companion Care office phone: 559.472.3627